2015 New Holland Agriculture BC5070-Hayliner™
RELIABLE, HARD-WORKING BALERS
Operators who custom bale, especially for horse farms, are big fans of New Holland square balers. New Holland bales are the only choice for hand-feeding because they quickly separate into flakes. Professionals put their trust in BC5000 model balers because they make consistently dense, well-shaped bales that are easy to handle.
- Improvements to Make You More Productive: New Holland has made many improvements to the BC5000 Series square balers from our last generation of balers. Most refine existing features, to make them more convenient or even more durable.
- More Durability on All Models: Building in more strength and durability is one way New Holland has improved this already top-of-line baler. New improvements include: Reinforced tension rail anchor support; Convex slide block for longer wear and improved plunger performance; Haydog spring mount reinforcement for improved durability
- Refined Design and More Convenience: Adding more conveniences also improves productivity: Flip-up shield over main gearbox improves serviceability; Redesigned knotter gear drive provides easier pickup belt service; Easier access to the plunger bearing and cam for inspection and adjustment; New hydraulic hose storage slots in the power pivot shield; New optional halogen work lights for improved visibility; New optional roading light kit for states requiring them
- Changes to the BC5070 Hayliner™: High-capacity twine box, 8 large twine ball capacity; Heavier bale case for improved durability; Extended bale case for more uniform bales; Hydroformatic 4-way bale tension more uniform bales; Heavy-duty plunger rail for increased durability; Larger flotation tires for a smoother ride
- Maximum Efficiency at the Pickup: The most efficient baler leaves no crop behind in the field, and that’s what the SuperSweep™ pickup and a host of other features ensure on the BC5000 Series balers. Wider pickups and attention to every detail—down to the curve of the tines—makes the difference in productivity at the front-end of these machines.
- SuperSweep Is Wider, Smoother, Faster: All BC5000 balers feature the wide SuperSweep pickup to get every bit of the crop. The BC5050 and BC5060 have a 65-in. pickup, or 70-in. pickup with the flare. The pickup for the BC5070 and BC5080 measures 75 in., or 80 in. with the flare. Greater width, combined with the exclusive tine action makes for a fast, efficient start for the bale.
- Tines Improve Crop-Feeding Action: Multiple rows of teeth work between narrow flanged guards on the SuperSweep to capture the most stems and leaves. Pickup teeth, made of durable music wire, are curved to gather more crop than traditional straight teeth. Special guards help protect tines from damage.
- Easy Adjustment for the Field or Road: Manually raise and latch the pickup into transport position. An optional lift aids in raising and lowering the pickup as needed to adjust it for differing terrain, without leaving the tractor seat. Gauge wheels are adjustable to five positions and keep the pickup running smoothly across uneven fields.
- Uniform Feeding for Quality Bales: High-capacity New Holland feeding systems are a big reason the BC5000 Series balers deliver consistently high-quality bales. The award-winning rotary feeder design is standard on the BC5060, BC5070 and BC5080, while the proven FlowAction® feeder comes on the BC5050. Both systems can be adjusted to match the crop conditions—from delicate alfalfa to thick grass hay to slick straw.
- Simple, Effective Rotary Feeding System: Recognized by the American Society of Agricultural Engineers for excellence in engineering innovation and design, the rotary feeding system is mechanically simple, consisting of heavy-duty, paired rotating tines and a feeder fork. It keeps material flowing evenly into the bale chamber by allowing the tines to overlap for smooth, continuous crop movement.
- Time-Proven Flow-Action Feeder: The BC5050 features the Flow-Action feeding system that uses six feeder tines mounted on a long feeder bar, which runs on sealed roller bearings for quiet, friction-free operation. The tines measure just the right amount of crop and gently move it to the bale chamber so leaves don’t shatter. Two sets of tines are adjustable to handle difficult crops.
- Wider Pickups and More Baling Capacity for Large Farm Operations: With the widest pickups, more tines and heavy-duty features throughout, the BC5070 and BC5080 are sized for serious bale-making. Both have 75-inch SuperSweep™ pickups, Class 6 heavy-duty drivelines to push more power into bale formation and plungers that moves at 93 strokes per minute to densely pack the crop. The rotary feeding system is also standard.
- BC5070 Hayliner™ - The High Performance Commercial Baler: Model BC5070 Hayliner™ (14'' x 18'') balers provide superior performance for commercial operations offering superior bale density and shape ideal pickup by bale wagons. The BC5070 Hayliner baler is equipped with hydroformatic 4-way bale tension, cast iron hay wedges, a hardened plunger rail, and 12'' longer and 19% heavier bale case for unsurpassed reliability bale after bale. Best of all the twine box is 35% larger than the standard BC5070 to accept larger twine balls so you spend more time baling hay. BC5070 Hayliner™ is not compatible with model 72 bale thrower.
- Cross section: 14x18 in. (36x46 cm)
- Length: Adjustable, 12 to 52 in. (31 to 132 cm)
- Height (max.): 71 in. (180 cm)
- Width: 120 in. (304 cm)
- Length with 3-joint PTO and quarter-turn bale chute: 247 in. (626 cm)
- 247 in. (626 cm)
- Flywheel diameter: 22 in. (56 cm)
- PTO: Three-joint
- Protection: Shearbolt, overrunning and slip clutches
- Gearbox: Hypoid with tapered roller bearings; heat-treated alloy steel running in oil
- BC5050: two- or three-joint PTO (Cat. IV); hydraulic pickup lift; hydraulic tongue swing; needle slot baffle kit; auxiliary lights; road light kit; wagon hitch and bale loading chute; triple-purpose chute; quarter-turn bale chute; hydraformatic bale tension; ball hitch (BC5070, BC5080 only); replaceable bale chamber floor hydraulic doors kit and bale case extension kit (BC5080 only); bale case extension; grass feeder kit; safety chain; two-position hitch; knotter automatic oiler kit
- Stroke length: 30 in. (76.2 cm)
- Speed (540 rpm): 93 SPM
- Construction: High-strength steel throughout; modified extension is built into the plunger face, eliminating the need for bolt-on extensions
- 20 mph (32 km/h)
- Type: Packer fork in combination with two paired rotors
- Drive: Chain from main drive shaft; sealed ball bearings on all shafts
- Width inside: 75 in. (1.9 m)
- Width on flare: 80 in. (2 m)
- Number of teeth: 156 on six tooth bars
- Floating windguard: Thirteen rods
- Gauge wheel: 15x6.00x6
- Flotation (right): 11x14, 6PR
- Flotation (left): 14x16.1, 6PR
- Horsepower (min.): 75 hp (56 kW)
- Tractor weight must be greater than baler weight; excludes bale thrower.
- Protection: Shearbolt
- Capacity (twine): Eight balls
- With three-joint PTO, twine version: 3,940 lb. (1790 kg)
- 247 in. (626 cm)
- 120 in. (304 cm)
- 71 in. (180 cm)
- Bale Size
- Cross Section: 14x18 in. (36x46 cm); Length: Adjustable, 12 to 52 in. (31 to 132 cm)